What is family planning?
Family planning is a Federally funded program that helps you decide the number of children you want and when you want to have them. It is a decision for you and your partner to make together.
Family planning services include:
- Physical exams for men and women.
- Birth control methods and referral for sterilization procedures.
- Breast, cervical and testicular cancer screening.
- Diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted infections.
- Preconception and life plan counseling.
- Pregnancy testing.
- Counseling and education.
- Community education and outreach.
- Referrals to preventive health and social services such as primary care, nutrition services, immunizations, WIC and others.