For Teens and Young Adults
Why use family planning?
- The leading cause of unintended
pregnancy is not being able to afford family planning services. Birth control is one component of family planning and prevents both unintended pregnancies and STIs.
- A planned pregnancy is more likely to result in a healthy baby. Young women with unplanned pregnancies are less likely to get adequate prenatal care.
- A young adult who does not experience an unplanned pregnancy is more likely to stay in school and attend college, making them more marketable when joining the workforce!
What does family planning do?
- Our family planning clinics can give you the education and tools (including contraceptives) needed to prevent an unplanned pregnancy.
- Local family planning services help prevent and treat sexually transmitted infections.
- Our family planning clinics provide CONFIDENTIAL services to females and males of any age regardless of how much money you do or do not have.
- Our providers care about you and your needs. We want you to make the decision that is best for you. If you’re not ready for a pregnancy, we can help. If you’re ready to be a parent and want support in the process, we can also help.