Programs and Grants
State Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention Program
- Maintains and manages the infrastructure for a state-level program.
- Provides leadership in cardiovascular health promotion and cardiovascular disease prevention and control.
- Collaborates with categorically-funded chronic disease state programs and private partners to implement a large-scale primary care intervention (MediQHome) to address the detection, treatment and management of cardiovascular risk factors such as high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol and diabetes.
- Disseminates information to grantees, local agencies and organizations, partners and the general public relating to heart disease, stroke, related risk factors and signs and symptoms of heart disease, heart attack and stroke.
- Facilitates the sharing of best and promising practices to reduce duplication, identify gaps and advocate for positive policy and systems change.
Hypertension Identification and Management Grant Program
This grant program began in 2015 as an initiative by the ND Department of Health to partner with health systems across the state to implement systems changes that enable health systems to better identify and manage their patients with hypertension.