United States Department of Agriculture has set up a new website called ChooseMyPlate.gov. It has tools and resources to help consumers put the 2010 Dietary Guidelines into action by building healthy eating patterns for meal times.
MyPlate is designed to remind us to eat healthfully; it is not intended to change consumer behavior alone. The website features practical information and tips to help us build healthier diets. Key tips include:
- Enjoy your food, but eat less.
- Avoid oversized portions.
- Make half your plate fruits and vegetables.
- Switch to fat-free or low-fat (1%) milk.
- Make at least half your grains whole grains.
- Compare sodium in foods like soup, bread and frozen meals – and choose foods with lower numbers.
- Drink water instead of sugary drinks.
Ten Tips Nutrition Education Series
The Ten Tips Nutrition Education Series provides easy-to-follow tips in a convenient, printable format. These tips and ideas are a starting point to help you get started toward a healthy diet. Choose a change that you and your family can make today and move toward a healthier you. Remember to check back every once in a while to look at new tip sheets. To view, click on the links below:
To view a MyPlate recipe, click on one of the links below.
Remember to check back every once in a while to look at new recipes.